Dr. Tom Colina is an expert in treating oral and facial pain conditions at Integral Dental.
You could be at risk for orofacial pain If you are suffering from:
- Chronic headaches
- Jaw disorders
- Breathing issues
- Teeth grinding
Sometimes the causes of facial pains are associated with underlying causes, such as oral lesions and other conditions. Dr. Colina is able to evaluate the cause of your pain and work with your primary physician to plan the most effective course of treatment for you.
Orofacial Pain Conditions Dr. Colina Can Treat Includes:
- TMJ Joint Pain
- Jaw Pain
- Arthritis of the Jaw
- Muscle Pain
- Clicking, Locking and Popping of TMJ Joints
- Tension Headaches
- Nerve Pain
- Constant Mouth Pain
- Burning Mouth Pain
- Consistent Ear Pain
Are You Suffering From Chronic Orofacial Pain?
Generally, people suffering from orofacial pain have been in chronic pain for years and often don't think of turning to a dentist for diagnosis, treatment and pain management.
There are many potential causes to chronic orofacial pain, ranging from pain induced by trauma to common causes such as:
- Tooth pain: Orofacial pain is most commonly caused by tooth pain. Dr. Colina generally likes to determine if tooth pain is the cause of a patient's orofacial pain before moving on to other possible causes.
- TMD and TMJ: TMD is a group of jaw pain conditions that involve the masticatory muscles, the temporomandibular joints (TMJ) and other jaw strctures.
- Nerve pain: There are two types of nerve pain: episodic and continous. Episodic pain could have a neurological cause.
- Sinus pain: Issues with sinus pain and pressure can cause orofacial pain in the mid-face area and on multiple teeth.
Treatment Options For Orofacial Pain
The treatment for orofacial pain depends on the root cause of the chronic pain. Dr. Colina includes patient education, medication, physical therapy, oral sleep appliances and more to help treat patients suffering from orofacial pain.
Schedule Your Orofacial Pain Consultation With Integral Dental Today!
If you have a question about tooth or facial pain, or any other services we offer, give our Winnipeg dental office a call.
A consultation with Dr. Colina can be the perfect way to answer all of your questions and determine if treatment for orofacial pain could be the best solution for your smile and overall wellness!
At Integral Dental, our team's goal is to help find an effective dental solution to help you have a more comfortable smile. If orofacial pain isn't affecting you, check out our complete list of dental services that we provide right here in our Winnipeg dentistry!